Monday, September 7, 2009

Some yummy recipes I just tried.....

I usually try something new every time I go to the grocery store, but I need to start writing down my favorites and putting them in the cute recipe binder Chance's mom gave to me because I've tried some really yummy ones...I also thought I'd try to take pictures so I can remember them!

First I tried Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo w/veggies.....E-A-S-Y! And it was so yummy, chance loved it and it was perfect for leftovers the next day. You can do this one so fast.




2qt water
1pkg (9oz) refrigerated fettuccine
3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 pkg. (10oz) ready to serve roasted chicken breast strips
1- 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

**I made substitutes, I didn't get the ready made chicken, I just cooked three breasts in a skillet and cut it into strips. I used a whole jar of Alfredo, and I used just grated Parmesan cheese instead of shredded and lots of it because I hate store bought Alfredo sauce but the parm cheese covers it. Also, the mixed veggies at the grocery store always have Lima beans in them, I try to pick them out....And of course add pepper.

Directions: Bring water to a boil. Add fettuccine and vegetables; return to boil. Cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until fettuccine and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in chicken and Alfredo sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

It takes like no time at all, especially if you use the ready to serve chicken



Chocolate Eclair Squares

SOOO good!! Takes a little longer...





1 3/4 cup cold milk
1 package (4 serving size) vanilla pudding (instant)
1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip
Box of graham crackers
3 tablespoons butter
2 squares bakers unsweetened baking chocolate
2 tablespoons cold milk
1 cup powdered sugar

POUR 1 3/4 cup milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping. Layer one third of the grahams and half of the whipped topping mixture in a 13x9 inch baking pan. Break grahams as necessary to fit repeat layers. Top with remaining grahams (I ended up with Graham > Pudding > Graham > Pudding > Graham > Chocolate.)

Place butter, chocolate and 2 table spoons milk in small saucepan cook on low heat until chocolate is completely melted and mixture it blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring until well blended. Spread over grahams (Chocolate STICKS to pan, so just keep stirring, don't leave it there, and the powdered sugar will mix even though it looks dry, just keep mixing, also I had a hard time spreading the chocolate, I got most of it spread)

Refrigerate several hours or overnight (I did it on Thursday night and ate it Friday when I got home, yum!)

1 comment:

Kara said...

These look good, thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new easy recipes. I might try that chicken fetticine alfredo tonight!