Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blue Table

So first off....I hate this table....no storage, but I decided to give it a second chance...

We first bought this table like 6 years ago when we were in the apartment...it was pine colored, we painted it black right away and put the fish tank on it, behind the couch (not the smartest idea)...we were lucky it didn't fall and flood the apartment below....

I hate this table because it doesn't provide me any storage and I need it!! So I've been searching and searching for a buffet table, dresser, console with storage to redo....but I have been searching and not found it yet. So after seeing multiple people paint many different furniture pieces different colors and thinking I would never do that...to me, furniture should be black, brown or white.....omg I'm a furniture racist.....well not anymore! I've seen the error in my ways! :) I was watching Parenthood the other night (btw, best show ever......love love, yeah I even linked to it to make sure you click on it and see the awesomeness).....and they had a blue/teal console/buffet like table and a red bookshelf in the same room and as crazy as all the color combos were, it looked so amazing.....so Friday I decided that I wanted to paint my horrible little table blue and then maybe i'd let it stick around longer.....

I went to Home Depot on my lunch break hoping to find the perfect blue already premade but no such luck so I picked out a quart of Behr's 'Gulf Winds' and started painting the second I got home. p.s. I could have literally painted this table with a sample instead of a quart, i barely dug into that paint....wonder what else I can paint blue?! :)


I looooove it.

Before

After

Now I'm trying every opportunity to make the rest of the room brighter in other ways because this area is so bright it makes the rest of the room look dark. I think a good balance would be to get either lighter chair covers for the dining room or new chairs...hmmm

Oh, and a used sandpaper to scuff up the sides a little to make it look more...rustic? :)


*P.s. little do you know, you are also looking at two future posts in one picture above! Spoiler alert! ;)




15 comments:

beth said...

That looks great!! I have been so drawn to shades of Robin's egg and aqua lately. Maybe the promise of Spring has me longing for pretty and fun color.
Anyway, I love the color you chose for that table! You'll definitely have to keep your eye open for other things you can paint in your home with the rest of the blue in your paint can!! :)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Beth.

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

I love the blue. It looks amazing. Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Kara said...

I just had to say that I have come to really like Parenthood too and I always look at the way people on tv decorate their homes too. Even on commercials, I just like to get ideas! Anyway, it looks great too- you're very creative!

Brooke said...

I love it!! I have this exact same table and it is also black right now. Just this last week I've been staring at thinking it need a makeover. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Amy P. said...

@Beth....yes the longing for spring may be a little reasoning behind it, tired of dark, gloomy winter!! :) Thanks!

@Jamie..Thanks, I'll check it out!

@Kara....YAY! I love Parenthood, and yes I'm always scoping out houses on tv :) And thankssss, miss you!!!

@bKaPp...yay!! Glad I could give some inspiration!

Denissa said...

I love it! The color is great too :)I've been wanting to paint an old table a blue color too to lighten up my entryway, you totally inspired me!

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

I LOVE the new color! So fun and bright. Just came across your blog and I'm a new follower.

Unknown said...

The blue color is amazing, it turned out beautiful! I would like to invite you to share your makeover project by linking to my blog bash K.I.S.S. Happy to be a new follower too :)

Drop by The Tattered Tag

Amy P. said...

@Denissa - so glad I could inspire you!!

@Jena - Thanks & Welcome!

@Christina - Thanks, Welcome & very happy to, linking up now!

Unknown said...

Love it! So cute! I'd love to have you link this up at my new Link Party!

http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/03/make-something-monday-link-party-1.html

-Sarah

Unknown said...

Love it! This blue pops!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

So in love with your table. Great job and great choice of color.
ladeedacreations.com

queenbee said...

Love the aqua color it looks great. I look forward to seeing your next project. I'm a new follower also.

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up to Make Something Mondays!! Hope you'll join me again next week!

-Sarah

{twenty}something said...

Parenthood is my favorite show, too!!! I love their decor on that show. Your table looks AWESOME!!!