Saturday, November 21, 2009

Last name sign



I went to Michaels...mmm I guess it's been two weeks now to look for this candlestick thing I wanted to make and ended up finding supplies to make a 'last name sign'. I still haven't finished the candle stick, haha, maybe tomorrow!

I bought the wooden sign, painted it black. Then cut out some scrapbook paper I bought and decoupaged it to the front of the sign. I got it a little crooked so I cut and painted a decorative rod I had left over from another project and glued it on. I stenciled in "The" on one side and "Family est 2009" on the other. I painted the wooden letters black and dry brushed them with copper metallic paint. Bought some hooks from home depot and walla! It was an easy fun project and I love personalized stuff! :)








No comments: