Saturday, November 28, 2009

'P' Plaque for kitchen/hallway




I love when things turn out cute!

I'm still playing with things and seeing what I can do which is why most of my stuff is simple. I've definitely had enough of monograms after this one! haha...honestly I wasn't even going to do this one but I couldn't think of any thing else to do with the stuff that I had. I painted this sign brown. Cut of the piece of scrapbook paper, intentionally left the top part of it without a design. Decoupaged it on the sign then painted the two decorative wooden pieces with my metallic glaze. Then I used the computer to type a 'P' in Palatino Linotype, font size 475. I printed it and cut out the P and decoupaged it to the sign. Then I took my metallic glaze and rubbed it over the P. Then I took a black sharpie and outlined the P. I hotglued the wooden pieces on and I also outlined the Fleur De lis, and dry brushed some black on both wooden pieces.

And walla! It was easy but I think I'm going to go out this weekend and try something different....I'd like to try to find a cute quote or something and print it out right on the scrapbook paper, then just decoupage the whole thing...it would be much easier...we'll see what I come up with!


No comments: