I did the Color Run almost two months ago! But it still deserves a post! I've been trying to work out, and run...I'm still so slow and now that it's getting colder, it's getting harder. Can't wait for the spring! This was my first 5k and it was perfect. I didn't run the whole thing, and that was ok. No pressure, lots of crazy fun, I loved it!
I went with my friend Christina and ran into my friends Kristina & Russell. This was so crazy and silly and it made it much more fun to do with friends!
My little "tips" (since I know I was looking for these before I went!)
- Sign up ASAP when they open the registration, it sells out really fast (I think it sold out in three days for the Sept. DC one).
- We gave ourselves time to get there an hour early...which was foolish because we spent that entire hour early in traffic and trying to park, we barely made it on time. So get there really crazy early.
- Since this was my first 5k, I had no idea what I was going to do with my keys, cell phone, etc. When we went to get our race packets the day before, they were selling tshirts, etc. and I was able to buy a little swooshie bag (haha I have no idea what you call them) for $5. They also had fanny packs but I wanted the bag. It was comfortable, and it didn't bother me while running. And I brought plastic sandwich bags for my cell phone.
- Close your mouth when you run through the color zones. I did it just because I didn't want gunk on my teeth, but I ended up getting hit right in the corner of my mouth with blue! Glad I had my mouth closed.
- Don't forget towels, baby wipes to clean up before you get in the car.
So if you are thinking about doing it, do it!!