Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


Yum! It did turn out good so I thought I'd post the recipe!

I was given a recipe book from my old co workers from Humanim when they threw me a bridal shower last year. They each put recipes in it and this one was from Rayna...


  • 4 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Chocolate chips (I used about a half a bag)

Beat eggs & sugar together. Add oil, water and pumpkin.
Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Add to pumpkin mixture.
Stir in as many chocolate chips as you'd like. (Again I used about a half a bag)
Pour into 2 or 3 (this made two for me) greased loaf pans.
Bake at 300 for 90 minutes.



I feel like the heat could have been increased and it could have been cooked faster but I just didn't know so yes, it cooks for an hour and a half (even longer in my thick loaf pan, but everything takes forever in that pan). But it was really yummy, even my hubby liked it!

I'm linking up to Domestically Speaking


No comments: