Loved this idea from Crafts & Sutch so I went and got things from Michaels to try and do something similar. I already had a frame and scrapbook paper so I just needed the moss and the ribbon. I actually had bought this burlap roll while I was there and ended up using it so it worked out.
I couldn't decide what shape I wanted to cut the moss into....First I started playing...this idea had good intentions but it ended up looking like a pitchfork
Then my hubby suggested a 4 leaf clover, that didn't work out.....
Then I thought of a simple shape, and what I could do with it...
- I cut the circle of moss.
- Then I cut a strip of burlap, wrapped it on each side and hot glued it onto the scrapbook paper. Then hot glued the moss.
- Then I used a couple of strips of tan ribbon as the "trunk" of the topiary and hot glued them at the top and the bottom.
- I hot glued a little brown ribbon.
- And lastly I hot glued the big brown ribbon to hang it from.
It's cute, I like the way it turned out :) Though the bottom is not perfectly straight and it's bugging me just a teeeeny bit.
And it did make quite a mess.....