Friday, November 12, 2010

Easy Chili


Yum! I've been wanting to make chili....honestly I've only made chili once before and I have no idea how I made it so I had to look up some recipes yesterday. Actually lets be honest, I youtubed them on my phone and listened to them on my way home from my dads yesterday! :)

Here's the recipe I came up with, and it was really yummy, I made cornbread and we had leftovers tonight.

2lbs of lean ground beef
1 1/2 packages of McCormick Original Chili seasoning
1 Medium onion
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14.5oz) (light red) kidney beans, undrained
1 10oz can Rotelle diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
And a little bit of black pepper

I browned the ground beef, and threw in the diced onion once the beef was browned. I left that soften just a little, then I added the 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of tomato/green chile mixture, the package and a half of the seasoning and a little bit of pepper.

I let it boil and then simmer for 15 minutes while the cornbread cooked. It's turned out great! Sure, I'd like to do something with my own seasonings but I just don't like a ton of ingredients.

No comments: