Friday, May 27, 2011

Veggie/Herb Garden


Yipee! I've been wanting to do this for awhile so we went out to get a few things so we could....I wasn't sure if I wanted to put these in the ground or if I wanted to do a raised box but in the end we decided the ground was best. I bought two bags of dirt, obviously it got mixed up with the ground dirt and I should have bought more. Oh well, dirt is dirt even if it's not pretty dirt.

I bought two green pepper plants, two cucumber, one strawberry, one cilantro, one chives and one mint (just because it smelled so yummy).

I didn't think about garden signs until on my way home so I was kind of panicking because I had to have something and of course it had to be cute. But then I remembered I had a few little stones left from the zillion that had been left in our yard and the ones that were left were perfect because they were all thin and little. I wrote on them with a Sharpie and hopefully that works out. It rained something crazy here tonight (broke a couple more small tree limbs, grumble grumble) so we'll see what it looks like tomorrow.

Oh! And I lined it with these wood pieces also found in our yard! I think we are done with free yard supplies for now though. We've used all the randomness that we could find.
....Except for the basketball hoop pole (sans hoop) that is randomly in our backyard. We have yet to tackle getting that out of the ground but I'm sure we won't have any use for it.

lol, apologies for the picture...it looks pathetic but it really is cute (why do I feel like I say that too much). And do you see all of the weeeeeeeds in front? Gah, too many weeds in my grass....Need lawn makeover.







Photobucket

No comments: