Sunday, September 26, 2010

New mailbox!!

Oooo I'm giddy with excitement over this one! Almost ALL of the houses we looked at had a front door little box thing instead of an actual mailbox and when we found our house I completely forgot to check if it did! And for some reason I have this excitement over cute mailboxes....well I drove past the house to check during my lunch break one day after our offer was accepted and yippee! It had a mailbox.....But it looked like this.....


Yikes...So that was definitely on our list of to do's! So for my birthday my dad was asking me what I wanted and I really, really didn't know...REALLY. So finally I thought, mailbox! I had plenty of time to "window shop"...I've practically stared down every mailbox in every neighborhood I've been in for the last two months and finally decided on what color combo and everything that I wanted. He thought I was crazy but I got my mailbox for my birthday! The post was unpainted so we had to paint it....Here Chance is trying to spray paint it....that didn't work so well so luckily I found a can of Rustoleum Indoor/Outdoor Wood White Paint while I was cleaning and finished it, it worked perfect.



Then he installed it and it's sooo pretty now! :) Our mail lady came by just as we were finishing up and she said "It's been a long time coming, replacing this mailbox"....haha. I'm SO excited about it. Now I just need to put some house numbers on it...I think I'm going to put it on the post somewhere. And in the spring next year I'm going to plant some flowers around the base I think. And we also plan to spray paint the little holder that is black, white....but for now it's fine!


Now we have to do the light post, it's so dinky and uuuugly!

No comments: