Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yummiest fruit dip ever



You're definitely going to want to write this one down....SO yum..

I love it, people don't realize how good it's going to be. In fact I've had a lot of people pass it over. It's so funny how excited people get after they try it. Which was me, four years ago when I first tried it. I was told sort of how to make it, but I looked online just to be sure I had a correct recipe and the right amounts. Fruit dip is made a bunch of different ways but this way is so good that I wouldn't even bother trying any other way.

It's three ingredients.

  • 1 package of cream cheese (8oz)
  • 1 jar of marshmallow fluff (7 1/2 oz)
  • 2ish tbsp of cherry juice from the marschino cherry jar
Mix. I use my Kitchen aid mixer...you have to use some sort of mixer for this, but I can't imagine trying this without my wonderful mixer, the fluff is a little hard to work with but the cherry juice softens it all up a little and makes it less sticky, it also gives it that great light pink color. I would suggest leaving the cream cheese out of the fridge for 15 minutes so it's easier to mix.

Then your ready to serve, I usually make it for parties the night before and serve it the next day. I always serve with red seedless grapes, strawberries, and pineapple. It's also really yum with cherries, I just never seem to get them. And for tomorrow I'm just doing strawberries to make it easier (and cheaper) for myself. How pretty do all of those strawberries look!?

Trust me, you definitely have to try this...and if you need to bring something for a party, this is perfect.


1 comment:

Pammy said...

I love this dip! Katie had it at my bridal shower and I loved it so much. I made it for another shower I went to recently and it was a hit. Soo good...