Sunday, October 10, 2010

Recipe: Stir Fry


So yum, I had made stir fry before but Chance really wasn't loving it, so I decided to try it again but do it a little different. Before I made it with a different sauce, used chicken instead of beef and used broccoli instead of zucchini.

For this one, I use:

  • About 1 1/2 pounds of top sirloin steak cut into strips, sometimes you can find it pre cut, if not just buy it and cut it your self
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2 zucchini's cut into strips
  • olive oil
  • About 3-4 cups of brown rice (I use boil in a bag)
  • Stir Fry Sauce - 1/3 cup (I used to use Kikkoman, now I use House of Tsang)
Now there is actually directions on the back of the bottle of stir fry sauce, I can't remember if I follow it exactly but here's what I do....

Cut the steak into thin strips, cook in 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. As you are doing that, boil 2 bags of boil in bag rice. It makes 4 cups but sometimes I don't use all 4 unless you want to put more sauce in this recipe. It makes plenty anyway so you don't really need all 4 cups. So I used about a bag and a half when it's all done. The zucchinni sometimes takes a while to soften up so when the beef is mostly cooked I throw in the chopped onion and cut up zucchini and then let that cook until the zucchinni is ready to go. Just keep stirring so everything doesn't burn. Then mix everything together in a large bowl, rice, sauce and beef & veggie mixture.

So yum!

No comments: