Monday, October 18, 2010

Stuffed Pepper Casserole...nom



This stuff is so good! I had made stuffed peppers a lot before I found this recipe. I actually was searching for "newlywed" recipes (haha) sometime last year because I wanted EASY and quick recipes. I came across this recipe and it was actually called Newlywed Casserole but it's basically a stuffed pepper casserole.

You'll need:
1 large onion, diced (or sliced just depends on what you prefer)
3 regular green peppers, diced (or sliced...)
4 cups cooked rice (I just use two boil in the bag, bags)
29 oz can Hunt's Tomato Sauce (really the best kind to use)
1lb ground beef
1 packet of shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 350. You want to cook the rice, brown the beef and soften the onions and green peppers (in olive oil) all at the same time. They all take about the same time for me anyway. Once everything is cooked, I mix 3/4 of the can of sauce with the rice and ground beef in a 13x9 baking dish. Then I add the onion and green pepper. Make sure it's all mixed together then top with the mozzarella. Stick it in the oven just long enough for the mozzarella to melt, should just take a couple minutes.

Annnd that's it. So yum.....just make sure those veggies are soft enough, that definitely makes a difference!


2 comments:

Christina Golden said...

I am going to make this! But just for me Jim hates peppers

Kara said...

I love when you share EASY recipes! I have the hardest time finding things that are quick and dont have a bazillion weird ingredients. I'm going to try this now too!